Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i suggest searching the threads about panther. there is a ton of useful information.

a few other small things:
boot time is significantly quicker.
the finder has been almost completely rewritten.
fast searching from the finder.
exposé
faster response times.
faster app load times.

ETC...

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i suggest you wait until Panther goes final. a lot can change between now and then, especially performance-wise. So it's not a fair assessment against Jag.

pnw

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
dont listen to this site, it is stupid. they are right on some things, but i dont agree with them. like transferring files. the other day i was loading a gb's worth of stuff on my friends dell laptop before he went to college. i had a difficult time getting my powermac to read it. now i had it set up pretty easily between my powermac and my xp machine. but something about his machine just made this a hassle. each comptuer would see it on my network but could never open it. i ended up resulting in a simple crossover cable which worked a little bit better. but i was just thinking, only if i had 2 macs with a firewire port and use Target Disc Mode, so much easier and conveinent. thats just my opinion. i love how xp wins on lots of the system restore stuff and things like that. micsosoft needs to make it easy because i know ive had to do it way more than restoring a mac.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.