1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Queue in HB

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by DJAKO, Feb 5, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

A full length movie usually takes about 2.5 hours to fully decode to a .mp4 file using the Apple TV preset. Is there anyway to queue up like 5 movies and just leave my laptop for the day and come back with them all done?

I don't know how to do this as every time I use HB, I had to pop the DVD into my optical drive

2. macrumors 6502a

Unless you "rip" the DVD first, you cannot use Handbrake's queue.

I suggest you get MacTheRipper 3.0 R14 (as a great place to start and end, if the link still works...

You spend a little time (15-30 minutes) copying the DVD files to your hard drive. You can then use Handbrake's "add to queue!"

Nothing like it.

3. macrumors 68000

FreeState

Yes just click "add to Queue" at the top

Attached Files:

4. macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

Ripping is fast. Encoding is slow. I usually leave a queue of ripped DVDs to encode overnight when I am encoding.

5. macrumors 6502a

Tough to do when he only has one DVD in his one DVD drive, eh? :)

6. macrumors 68000

FreeState

Yeah I was working on my post when you posted yours so I just left what I had written out.

7. macrumors member

I use a free program called DVDfab in windows via Parallels. Encode 5 or 6 movies and queue them up for an overnight run. Plus it only spins your drive for 10 - 15 mins instead of 2 1/2 hours per movie. DVDfab rewrites the files that give normal ripping programs a hard time. Sometimes MTR won't work on a dvd but DVDfab will. Just a thought.