Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Hello all, I have a DVD encoding question...

What encoder should I use for turning a DVD (actually its a VIDEO_TS folder) into a uncompressed video file?

Yes, uncompressed

Reason is, I want my PC to do the "bitchwork", as I don't want to wait 2 days for my PB to do it (I also don't want my PB to fry my manhood :p )

Also, the reason I say uncompressed is because I don't want to lose any quality and I'm also assuming it will encode way faster.

I don't Use my PC all that much anymore, so I don't care if it takes 2 days, since it just sits there as my 280GB file/ music server.

I tried handbrake, but it only does MPEG-4/H.264, (so it was gonna take forever anyways)

So basically:

DVD->VIDEO_TS->UNCOMPRESSED->TO PC->PC DOES BITCHWORK AND ENCODES HIGH QUALITY H.264

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Dont change the video_ts folder at all. Most PC programs you find will accept that, or be able to convert it. Converting it to uncompressed video will get you nothing.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Popcorn and DVD2One will both recompress it.

You should keep it in its original format, there's a component for QuickTime which will allow it to open MPEG-2 files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.