Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benh911f

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I've watched a bunch of videos with people showing off there ATV, but I can still never seem to see the answer.
When streaming your movies from iTunes, is the movie description included, or is it just the cover art? Also, if there is a description, is it the full description, or is it cut off like it is in Front Row?
Thanks

MicroApple

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
I've watched a bunch of videos with people showing off there ATV, but I can still never seem to see the answer.
When streaming your movies from iTunes, is the movie description included, or is it just the cover art? Also, if there is a description, is it the full description, or is it cut off like it is in Front Row?
Thanks

The description is shown below the cover art (it only appears if you stop scrolling through movies for around 5 seconds). And it gets cut off.

benh911f

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Thanks for the response. Is there any work-around to get the full description? It's kind of BS that they'll let you see the full description for renting a movie, but not on ones you own that you're streaming from iTunes.

^^ CoolMacLover

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2009
On A Apple
Thanks for the response. Is there any work-around to get the full description? It's kind of BS that they'll let you see the full description for renting a movie, but not on ones you own that you're streaming from iTunes.

Lol. The BS is you not waiting a few moments. :p The reason you have to wait is cause of all the space. They fit the cover art, list of movies, and other parts. There isn't any more space for the FULL description. The only way I can think of changing this is when jailbreaking they might come up with a way to make different "themes" for it?

benh911f

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Haha, no I have no problem with waiting a few seconds, but if there's no room to fit the whole description, it could at least scroll up to see the whole thing or something to that effect.

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Actually, the more extra metadata you put in the more description you lose...so if description is your primary want, empty other fields like year, actors etc. You still have a limited amount of space but this way you can squeeze as much description out as possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.