Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Okay, so I'm trying to make a small app that will play a sort video upon being opened. It's like a digital christmas card like thing. Well, basically, I have the interface layed out, and everything works perfectly, except the HIMovieView element, because I don't know how to get it to work. How do I connect the HIMovieView element with a short QuickTime video.

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and I would like it to play automatically.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Okay, so I'm trying to make a small app that will play a sort video upon being opened. It's like a digital christmas card like thing. Well, basically, I have the interface layed out, and everything works perfectly, except the HIMovieView element, because I don't know how to get it to work. How do I connect the HIMovieView element with a short QuickTime video.

EDIT: Oh, and I would like it to play automatically.
I can't find a way to set the movie in IB itself (like you can do with QTMovieView), but according to the Apple docs you can set it programmatically using HIMovieViewSetMovie. And since you're setting the movie programmatically, you can just call HIMovieViewPlay immediately after you load it to make it autoplay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.