Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Hello, I have searched and am wondering if anybody has upgraded their dual 800 quicksilver macs to any of the dual 1.8 processor upgrades. I am considering going for the $600 bucks to boost my system but don't want to waste my money. I have a dual 800 with 1.5 gig of ram and a nvda gforce2 dual monitor setup.
Any sugesstions / advice ?
Thanks

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
tymac said:
Hello, I have searched and am wondering if anybody has upgraded their dual 800 quicksilver macs to any of the dual 1.8 processor upgrades. I am considering going for the $600 bucks to boost my system but don't want to waste my money. I have a dual 800 with 1.5 gig of ram and a nvda gforce2 dual monitor setup.
Any sugesstions / advice ?
Thanks

Forgive me if I'm on th wrong track but the most recent upgrade that could fit with your budget maybe this one?

Powerforce 2GHZ G4 Upgrade.

Some major improvements have been noted with it here

tymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
AlBDamned said:
Forgive me if I'm on th wrong track but the most recent upgrade that could fit with your budget maybe this one?

Powerforce 2GHZ G4 Upgrade.

Some major improvements have been noted with it here
I am really hoping to hear from some folks who have upgraded their "dual processor" computers.
Thanks again
Eric

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
tymac said:
I am really hoping to hear from some folks who have upgraded their "dual processor" computers.
Thanks again
Eric
Duff-Man says....if you are looking for user "reviews" of cpu upgrades I would recommend you search the database over at
xlr8yourmac - you'll see some responses there (although I don't like to send people away from the *best* Mac forum!)....oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.