Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joel-Mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2023
Hello, In QuickTime 7, there is a feature that allows me to select exactly the still image I desire from a video, and the title of the video follows automatically, eliminating the need for me to input it again. By pressing "⌘E," I can choose the desired still images from the video. I copy hundreds of such still images from videos every week at work. A significant time saver is that the title accompanies the copy from the video. It's an amazing feature available in QuickTime 7, but unfortunately, it seems not to be present in the new version of QuickTime, as far as I know.

I work with Swedish Sign Language for a lexicon, recording hundreds of videos every week and taking images that we include on the lexicon's website. Each video is about 3 seconds long, and from each video, we copy between 1-6 still images.

Currently, we use two computers. We employ a fairly new computer to edit all the videos, and when it's time to copy still images from the video, we use an older computer with OS X 10.6 and QuickTime 7. It's inconvenient and takes up a lot of space with two separate computers, so we prefer to use a single one.

Sometimes when we are out traveling, we want to be able to do everything on the same laptop. Do you have any information if there is another solution so that I can use one and the same computer? I suspect that the tool doesn't exist in the new QuickTime.

Perhaps the only option is to partition the hard drive on a Mac computer to have two different versions of macOS installed on the same device?

Reactions: Nermal

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
You could try installing Mac OS X 10.6 and QuickTime 7 in a virtual machine using Parallels, VMware Fusion, or Virtual Box.

Reactions: Joel-Mac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.