Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The_Man

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2005
Whenever I watch movies on my PC on the Internet that runs in Quicktime, the audio acts very odd. There is a very distinct echo and blur sort of that makes the audio extrmely difficult to hear. I can still make out what is going on if I listen very carefully, because it is very annoying, does anyone know what is going on or how to fix it?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
It's on a PC? Have you got one of those wacked-out sound cards that can do super duper 3D spacial effects and all that? You might want to peek around in the sound control panel and see if there's expand or reverb or something like that turned on.

The_Man

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2005
Yah, this is on a PC.
And I looked the the quicktime audio setting and couldnt find anything that you were talking about. Windows Media Player Works fine, so I dont know what the problem is.

The thing is, that quicktime worked before, but all of a sudden it just started doing the strange noise, so I dont know what to do.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
It worked, now it doesn't, and you don't know what you changed.... The chances of us being able to help with this limited information are pretty slim.

Does it do this on all content (audio files and movie files) or just movie files? All movie files or just a certain filetype? All files of that filetype or just some? From your hard drive or streamed from the inet? Or both? What version of Quicktime? What OS? What soundcard does your machine have?

In general:
You must have installed a program, or made a settings change, perhaps without knowing it, which has altered your system.

You can:
Look back and see what programs you have installed recently,
See whether you have upgraded QT or your soundcard drivers,
Check the soundcard settings in detail
Remove and reinstall Quicktime

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.