Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IshPBG

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2007
Maybe it should have been called "Let's sleep in."

Let's see, a taller Nano and some extra menu options in some software. Sleeping in 'till noon would have been more productive. Will anyone ever bother to watch one of these again?

Exactly.

This was a non-event. Who else calls everybody in and has the CEO come out to announce minor hardware and software upgrades to a handful of music players?

But on the other hand, they did change the colors of the iPod shuffle.

It's the most hype I've seen since being a community organizer was touted as a qualification for being president.

sishaw

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2005
Thoughts on "Genius."

It tried out the "Genius" sidebar in iTunes...at the moment, I'm not impressed. I don't think it came up with a single suggestion that I wasn't aware of, or hadn't heard enough times, including some awfully moldy suggestions from the 70s and 80s! Not that there's anything wrong with Jackson Brown and old Elton John, but I don't need a special application to clue me in.

For the moment, Pandora is a better engine for expanding one's musical horizons. As more people participate in "Genius," I hope it improves!

calisurfboy

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
Apple will next introduce shake shuffle to the Iphone. That way, when you get pissed at your phone for dropping another call and you go to throw it, the sudden jarring motion of you pulling your arm back to toss it will cause the phone to lite up and make music distracting you... soothing and calming the angry beast as the saying goes.

ansekt

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
Sweden
DUMB Question: What song is being played at the very end of the Keynote?

What is the song started playing just at the end of the keynote video? :)

That would be Layla by Eric Clapton. Great live performance here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2sfelvHAlU

On topic

Not the greatest apple event I've seen but a solid update of products none the less. People being disappointed that no new macs were announced should've just looked at the name of the event and figure out it's about iPods and iTunes. Just wait the new macs will be coming out soon enough...

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
A look at Steve

steve.jpg

I had a few folks say to me yesterday, or today when they saw him on the news: "Steve's looking like death warmed over" or "Gosh he's lost the weight." It is clear that he's not looking good, this isn't just thin, he's really looking not that great. Let's all hope that he has a swift recovery and this cancer is not going to get him for good.

Look at the pics above and you will see what we are talking about.

Edit: I am going to be known as a spreader of a horrible rumor for this, I am just sharing some caps from the keynote yesterday.

corbin_a2

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2002
Oh really? You sound like one of those full of sh*t politicians. Do you have any basis on what you just stated here? Lowest battery life? Do you care to prove it. Last I checked, the 3G outlasted just about every other 3G phone. Very crude? What does that mean? Does that mean it's a beautiful device that's innovative and has the best internet experience out there? Perhaps you got your words mixed up. I could give a crap about the camera. If you didn't know any better, a camera on ANY phone sucks. It's just not possible to fit good optics in a phone and high megapixels are a joke in a camera phone. It's all about the optics and not megapixels! If camera phones were so good, real digital cameras would be obsolete.

Let me guess, you want all this for $399? By the way what do you do that you need 6GB of RAM? Vista possibly? OS X sure doesnt need 6GB to run smoothly. I can assure you no normal user would even come close to using 6GB. 4GB is even debatable for many of us. 2GB runs wonderfully!

I think you'll just be happier buying your Nokia and Windows box with 6GB of RAM. You sound like a specs kind of guy. Let us know how it works out with your crappy products with good specs.

Kan-O-Z

WORD! :cool:

corbin_a2

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2002
Exactly.

This was a non-event. Who else calls everybody in and has the CEO come out to announce minor hardware and software upgrades to a handful of music players?

But on the other hand, they did change the colors of the iPod shuffle.

It's the most hype I've seen since being a community organizer was touted as a qualification for being president.

How about a mayor of a town in the sticks with a population of less then 10,000....Republican blah! Just another hater.

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
It tried out the "Genius" sidebar in iTunes...at the moment, I'm not impressed. I don't think it came up with a single suggestion that I wasn't aware of, or hadn't heard enough times, including some awfully moldy suggestions from the 70s and 80s! Not that there's anything wrong with Jackson Brown and old Elton John, but I don't need a special application to clue me in.

For the moment, Pandora is a better engine for expanding one's musical horizons. As more people participate in "Genius," I hope it improves!

keep in mind nothing in life will work the way you want it to.

also its new give them a break..

and if you listen to music all the time then why do you need to have the genius bar on? if you susposly "know all songs"

bobertoq

macrumors 6502a
Feb 29, 2008
ARG! iTunes is making me angry. A whole lot of my songs are supposedly "missing' and iTunes asks me "do you want to locate it?".... So I clicked yes, and it was in the EXACT folder iTunes would automatically put it. For instance.

Let's say there is a song called Bob by Bobby in the album Boberto. It would be located in:

C:\Users\mynamehere\iTunes\Library\Bob\Boberto\Bobby.mp3

But the song is "missing" according to iTunes. Apparently, the actual file, was in that folder! With that name!

UGH! :mad: Sorry... It's just. UGH!

Edit:
erm... this is the wrong thread isn't it. hahaha

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
ARG! iTunes is making me angry. A whole lot of my songs are supposedly "missing' and iTunes asks me "do you want to locate it?".... So I clicked yes, and it was in the EXACT folder iTunes would automatically put it. For instance.

Let's say there is a song called Bob by Bobby in the album Boberto. It would be located in:

C:\Users\mynamehere\iTunes\Library\Bob\Boberto\Bobby.mp3

But the song is "missing" according to iTunes. Apparently, the actual file, was in that folder! With that name!

UGH! :mad: Sorry... It's just. UGH!

Edit:
erm... this is the wrong thread isn't it. hahaha

yeah but oh well. did you check for itunes to automatically check for music folders? if not thats your problem..

as for the new touch i hate they push games on this one. Why not push more of the apps show people what you can do otherwise people may think this is a new gaming device from apple..

bobertoq

macrumors 6502a
Feb 29, 2008
yeah but oh well. did you check for itunes to automatically check for music folders? if not thats your problem..

as for the new touch i hate they push games on this one. Why not push more of the apps show people what you can do otherwise people may think this is a new gaming device from apple..
Yeah. Tried unchecking it. Still. Oh well. I just manually re"found" all of them. Fun. Now I'm liking iTunes! Almost. I haven't actually been a music fan, or listened to a lot of music for a while now, mainly because I don't have access to new music. Also, my iTunes library is a disaster.

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
am i the only one that full screen views the keynote in quicktime (on a macbook) and you see a green/blueish line on the bottom frame and right side frame of the video?

it goes away when i have my volume controls on screen.. but it comes back the second the volume controls fade away.... anyone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.