Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Superb! I just love watching her run... :D the way she turns up the wick! it's like bam... :eek: :D

Greatest female distance runner ever. ;) actually quite possibly the greatest distance runner period. ;)

Rinky dink link

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That is great for Paula Radcliffe, what a remarkable dream to win gold at Helsinki. The British must be very proud. Paula should run the Boston Marathon. Then she could break decade long streak by Catherine Ndereba and others from Kenya.

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
just don't mention the Athens olympics !Ouch! she retired in that race i believe :eek:

oops shouls have read the link :eek: but i do think it is premature to label an athlete the best ever without multiple olympic gold and the current olypic champion is not in the race

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
As a track athlete myself and serious follower of track and field, I must say, I think the emphasis on the Olympics is silly. It's just one meet... Olympic gold is a nice touch, but it doesn't make or break a career. What happens the other three years, 11 months should count for a bit more, I'd say. ;)

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
QCassidy352 said:
As a track athlete myself and serious follower of track and field, I must say, I think the emphasis on the Olympics is silly. It's just one meet... Olympic gold is a nice touch, but it doesn't make or break a career. What happens the other three years, 11 months should count for a bit more, I'd say. ;)

ask any athlete what they would rather have, any! Olypic Gold or a world championship a prize is only as valuable as the owners perception of it ;)

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Wow she is a frickin amazing runner! :eek: I love watching her run (might be a runner thing but...) she runs so fast even though her head moves non stop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.