Radcliffe races to world victory

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Aug 14, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Superb! I just love watching her run... :D the way she turns up the wick! it's like bam... :eek: :D

Greatest female distance runner ever. ;) actually quite possibly the greatest distance runner period. ;)

Rinky dink link
  2. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    That is great for Paula Radcliffe, what a remarkable dream to win gold at Helsinki. The British must be very proud. Paula should run the Boston Marathon. Then she could break decade long streak by Catherine Ndereba and others from Kenya.
  3. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2005
    just don't mention the Athens olympics !Ouch! she retired in that race i believe :eek:

oops shouls have read the link :eek: but i do think it is premature to label an athlete the best ever without multiple olympic gold and the current olypic champion is not in the race
  4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    As a track athlete myself and serious follower of track and field, I must say, I think the emphasis on the Olympics is silly. It's just one meet... Olympic gold is a nice touch, but it doesn't make or break a career. What happens the other three years, 11 months should count for a bit more, I'd say. ;)
  5. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2005
    ask any athlete what they would rather have, any! Olypic Gold or a world championship a prize is only as valuable as the owners perception of it ;)
  6. evoluzione macrumors 68010

Jul 19, 2002
    down the road, that's where i'll always be
  7. runninmac macrumors 65816

Jan 20, 2005
    Rockford MI
    Wow she is a frickin amazing runner! :eek: I love watching her run (might be a runner thing but...) she runs so fast even though her head moves non stop.