Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdrr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
NH
As April fades in my memory, and Mid-May is fast aproaching. Is there anymore info on the expected release, that has been postponed, again and again... The last I heard was sometime in April, but I don't remember if the news release stated the year! :rolleyes:

rdrr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
NH
maybe sometime soon

Got a letter via snail mail from MacMall stating that they are expecting to ship out the radioShark within 30 days... And if I would like to cancel my pre-release order, yada yada yada.

Well here is hoping! :)

rdrr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
NH
Zoink! Just got another letter saying that they expect the vendor to ship within another 30 days... I am sure they mean it this time! :rolleyes:

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
hasn't this thing been taking pre-orders for like a year. i bet it wil be crap anyway griffin is worse than apple with this type of stuff they need to stop announcing and taking orders for products they don't have, even the itrip was like 4 months originally or more

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
Be patient

I talked to some people from Griffin a month or so ago and they mentioned some bits and pieces about Radio Shark.

It is a real product, it really will work. Why it was delayed, I don't know. But they were working on it and anticipated it shipping by now.

So it is either done and being manufactured and readied for distribution (Griffin runs its own distribution warehouse) or it's very close to actually being shipped out.

Making a hardware product can be very challenging at times. Announcements are made with expected time-to-market, but that often changes for any number of reasons. No one is immune and this is not "fraud" or anything like that.

It happens, calm down if you don't know what is really going on then don't stir the pot.

rdrr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
NH
Sayer said:
It happens, calm down if you don't know what is really going on then don't stir the pot.

Ummm calm down... fraud? Don't think I mentioned that in my previous posts. I was pointing out that they send out a press release that the expected release would be sometime in April... OK so since that I pony'd up the money and all and we are a now into mid June, a little announcement on the next deadline that they will probably miss would keep me happy. Don't think that I am stirring things up... just looking for some common courtesy. :p

rdrr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
NH
Like clock work...

Yet another 30 day expected delay on shipment... let's see carry the one... yep next letter should arive August 11th.

:D

rdrr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
NH
dubweiser said:
any word?

I want this thing, but griffin has definately dropped the ball

No letter in August... I think that MacMall caught on that if they continued to send out letters via snail mail they will not make any money off of this thing if it ever comes out. I think that with the news of XMPCR being discontinued because of legal issues, Griffin may be thinking the same thing.

:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.