Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
Original poster
i've found railhead.com to be a very reliable sourse of info...here's the poop:

New G4’s At MWNY
It looks like we’ll be getting new G4 systems at Macworld New York in a few days — which is exactly what everyone wants and expects. Details are still rough and sketchy at best, but some tidbits that should come into fruition are:

* QuickSilver is dead. Long live the White Apple (for a year or so, at least).
* It looks as though the current 800MHz base system will be replaced with a single processor 1GHz.
* Mid and top-level systems will sport dual processors, and they should clock-in around 1.2GHz and 1.4GHz respectively.
* It seems that the total RAM amount will still max-out at 1.5GB — but that seems odd to me…
* The case will sport more internal bays to better handle multiple IDE drive installations.
* Low-end systems will have the GeForce4 MX card, and mid and top-level Macs will have the GeForce4 Titanium (this is pretty well-known already).
* Drive capacity will start at 60GB, 80GB, and 2x80GB.
* Prices will not change from they are now (supposedly).

As usual, nothing is known for sure until Steve-O himself spills the beans, but what I have above is what I’ve uncovered, heard, researched, and feel pretty good about “reporting.” But don’t bet the farm just yet — we still have a while before the Expo starts…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.