Railhead's Mwny G4 Predictions

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by 3rdpath, Jul 8, 2002.

1. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i've found railhead.com to be a very reliable sourse of info...here's the poop:

New G4’s At MWNY
    It looks like we’ll be getting new G4 systems at Macworld New York in a few days — which is exactly what everyone wants and expects. Details are still rough and sketchy at best, but some tidbits that should come into fruition are:

* QuickSilver is dead. Long live the White Apple (for a year or so, at least).
    * It looks as though the current 800MHz base system will be replaced with a single processor 1GHz.
    * Mid and top-level systems will sport dual processors, and they should clock-in around 1.2GHz and 1.4GHz respectively.
    * It seems that the total RAM amount will still max-out at 1.5GB — but that seems odd to me…
    * The case will sport more internal bays to better handle multiple IDE drive installations.
    * Low-end systems will have the GeForce4 MX card, and mid and top-level Macs will have the GeForce4 Titanium (this is pretty well-known already).
    * Drive capacity will start at 60GB, 80GB, and 2x80GB.
    * Prices will not change from they are now (supposedly).

As usual, nothing is known for sure until Steve-O himself spills the beans, but what I have above is what I’ve uncovered, heard, researched, and feel pretty good about “reporting.” But don’t bet the farm just yet — we still have a while before the Expo starts…
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    Seems reasonable enough, well with in reach I'd say, still, not long to go until we find out for sure! :D