Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whoisdan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
I'm about to buy a G5 Dual 1.8 refurbished PMac and I need to get some RAM. Someone suggested checking out these prices and sticks at techbargains.com, but they list a ton of 1GB options and I have no idea what to choose. Does anybody have RAM suggestions? I'd like to get one for under $100, but if necessary, I'll splurge.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Some of the PC generic RAM in that list may work, some will not. It's impossible for you to tell.

I recommend you go with a reputable vendor who tests and guarantees compatibility with your model Mac. The RAM should have a lifetime warranty and a no-cost return if it doesn't work. You know you have to buy DIMMs in pairs, right?

MR readers variously like Crucial, OWC and RamJet, in the USA I like Data Memory Systems
$114 per 1 Gb

If you are in Canada, well, I hope you know where to call :rolleyes:

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
You should check into the Crucial RAM link above. A reliable site with a lifetime guarantee. They will walk you through the process to offer the proper RAM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.