RAM upgrade for PMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by whoisdan, Jul 14, 2005.

1. whoisdan macrumors newbie

Feb 24, 2005
    I'm about to buy a G5 Dual 1.8 refurbished PMac and I need to get some RAM. Someone suggested checking out these prices and sticks at techbargains.com, but they list a ton of 1GB options and I have no idea what to choose. Does anybody have RAM suggestions? I'd like to get one for under $100, but if necessary, I'll splurge.
  2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Some of the PC generic RAM in that list may work, some will not. It's impossible for you to tell.

I recommend you go with a reputable vendor who tests and guarantees compatibility with your model Mac. The RAM should have a lifetime warranty and a no-cost return if it doesn't work. You know you have to buy DIMMs in pairs, right?

MR readers variously like Crucial, OWC and RamJet, in the USA I like Data Memory Systems
    $114 per 1 Gb

If you are in Canada, well, I hope you know where to call :rolleyes:

3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    You should check into the Crucial RAM link above. A reliable site with a lifetime guarantee. They will walk you through the process to offer the proper RAM.
  4. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6