1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

RapidWeaver vs. WordPress (or other CMS)

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by sebpayne, Dec 15, 2005.

1. macrumors member

I have created my personal website at http://www.sebpayne.com using RapidWeaver and a few modifications to a standard theme.

I like my site a lot and I like RapidWeaver but I am concerned that I am 'locked in' as there is no way export blog posts, no proper permalink system (but I found a way around that) and that I can't blog from the internet (like from school) but I'm not sure how important this is.

The question I am asking - am I better sticking with RapidWeaver (as with my current site) or migrate to WordPress (or another CMS) for blog/static pages and photogallery. If you think I should move to a different system, any ideas on web gallery systems - the one RapidWeaver uses is very nice.

Should I be concerned about 'locked in'?

Seb

2. macrumors 68000

kgarner

I use WordPress on my site. I like it a lot. As for the gallery, I host my images on Flickr (great site!) and use a plug-in called fgallery to import them over.

My site ain't much to look at right now, but I have a custom template that I am almost ready to unleash. Now that finals are over!

3. macrumors member

kgarner: What do you use to organise photos on your computer? iPhoto?

Seb

4. macrumors 68030

munkle

I use iPhoto and FlickrExport, apart from the occasional stall it works very well and is well integrated.