Rastafarian Leader/Founder passes away...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by eleveneastgate, Mar 28, 2005.

1. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

Dr. Vernon Carrington​

Members of the Twelve Tribes of Israel included Bob Marley, Dennis Brown, Sis. Carol, Israel Vibration, FredLocks, Aswad, Brigadier Jerry, Freddie McGregor many more.

Some might wonder why I posted this thread in the first place. I posted it because Bro. Gad shared something with me that I thought I share with you...

He said, "Read your Bible one chapter a day, from Gen. 1 to Rev. 22, and know the Truth for yourself."

2. andrewm macrumors regular

I should honour this man's passing--he certainly led a good life--but beg to differ with the motivation behind your quote: Genesis through Chronicles, plus the Talmud, should be quite enough for many, as would be Al-Fatihah through An-Nas to others. I encourage religious freedom, but urge everyone to avoid proselytisation, as it only seems to lead to trouble.

Including on the forums. If you must insist that others read your version, I suggest that you yourself take a look at the Talmud and the Qu'ran so as to become more well-rounded on related faiths, if you haven't already.

Remember: Timshel.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

If he is encouraging people to read the Bible daily that's a good thing. May he rest in peace. My prayers are with his family and friends.

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

True. One should read the bible and come up with one's own ideas and beliefs based on the scriptures than attend church services and be told how to think. Any statistics on the number of church-going folk who take daily bible readings?

5. eleveneastgate thread starter macrumors 6502

From the Jamaica Observer...

Patriarch of the Twelve Tribes of Israel passes on
    BASIL WALTERS, Observer staff reporter
    Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Give thanks for the replies, and yes ALL religious texts are good reads.

Each One, Teach One.

Peace!