Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
At least you guys didn’t order from macmall. Macmall sent me a letter saying they hope they get them from Apple by the 15th of Jan. Even if they get them by Jan 15th who knows how long it will take them to ship them.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I guess they simply don't believe in the get in line and serve in order concept in China. More like a New York Deli.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
well i'm seriously contemplating cancelling my order becuase i waited until the 27th (well it shows the 26th on my order page because of the time difference) to place my order thinking apple would have gotten a hold of the production issue by then, but it seems everyone over there is busy taking days upon days upon days upon days off work and not getting the product out to it's customers. i know that sounds really negative, but i'm so anxious to get it that waiting these last few days has me wondering if i can even make it until the end of this month (which is probably when mine will ship). anyway to answer your question it seems most people that have gotten theirs have been waiting about a month.

The only thing that stops me cancelling and building a PC is that my ram from OWC has already shipped and it would be a waste of $200 if i cancelled the imac. I need the damn computer now and each day sucks on this old laggy POS

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
The only thing that stops me cancelling and building a PC is that my ram from OWC has already shipped and it would be a waste of $200 if i cancelled the imac. I need the damn computer now and each day sucks on this old laggy POS

Cant you return the ram? I might do that even if you do keep the mac you can find 32gig 1600 for around $100...

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Cant you return the ram? I might do that even if you do keep the mac you can find 32gig 1600 for around $100...

well i need a computer right now so because of the ram i am just going to wait it out. I could return it yes but I am done with the hassles i just want it simple. It says Jan shipping so two weeks is manageable. It is not going to be the machine to make me money, just the one to practise one (the ones at work make me money) so it is more of an impatient (since march) want than a need.

lilface

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I didn't have the money until roughly right after christmas to purchase this 27inch beauty, so I placed my order on the 29th before looking into how many others are still waiting for theirs to be processed and shipped, and now I'm sitting here still computer-less, with my order still processing, and all the money is still sitting in my account burning a hole in my pocket.

major first world problems here.

iWaiting

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
I didn't have the money until roughly right after christmas to purchase this 27inch beauty, so I placed my order on the 29th before looking into how many others are still waiting for theirs to be processed and shipped, and now I'm sitting here still computer-less, with my order still processing, and all the money is still sitting in my account burning a hole in my pocket.

major first world problems here.

think of all the starving kids around the world that first world problems

get a grip

lilface

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
think of all the starving kids around the world that first world problems

get a grip

I guess my sarcasm didn't translate well via text, my apologies.

Just fyi... first world problems = problems from living in a wealthy, industrialized nation that third worlders would probably roll their eyes at.

And trust me, I do what I can to help those who are actually in need in this world we live in :)

XionCore

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
My maxed-out finally shipped today to germany, ordered on 11/30...well, that took a while...

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Reading that was refreshing haha.. instead of getting angry at the unknown shippments live life and come home to a brand new imac on your doorstep one day. win city!

HEHE, yep. When I ordered the iPad Mini they missed several shipping commitments, so I was legitimately griping. The iMac I ordered says "Ships January" ... so in theory it could be the second week of february before I get it.

I ordered a Samsung External DVD drive (to keep in the closet for when I need it) for $20, and I ordered the Crucial memory upgrade to up it to 16GB for $65 so I'll be all ready when it finally comes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.