Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mad Mac Maniac

macrumors 601
Original poster
What happens if you receive a call or text while your iphone is still syncing??

I have been lucky enough to avoid this so far, but I know it'll happen soon because sometimes the backups take so long. Does it stop the sync? Does it not receive until sync is done? Does it give you the option of stopping or to continue syncing?

I hope it is the latter.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
What happens if you receive a call or text while your iphone is still syncing??

I have been lucky enough to avoid this so far, but I know it'll happen soon because sometimes the backups take so long. Does it stop the sync? Does it not receive until sync is done? Does it give you the option of stopping or to continue syncing?

I hope it is the latter.

You either ignore the call/text and finish your sync, or answer it and start the sync over.

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
If it's just syncing, no biggie. The call comes in and the sync is paused until you're done talking.

If you are updating the iPhone's firmware, then I don't think the go will go through. It just shows up as a missed call when it's done.

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
hmm i could have sworn mine never "paused" when a call comes in. :confused: whenever i got a call during sync it aborts but maybe i'm wrong because i'm so used to seeing that with backups and not syncing.

even if it did abort the syncing, technically it's already synced some of your stuff. so if you sync again it should just finish whatever it left off at.

if you're looking to avoid interruption though i'd say turn on airplane mode before syncing.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
When you get a text, you can't reply to it without canceling the sync.

When you get a call, it will allow you to answer it, but the sync is canceled once you answer the phone.

Mad Mac Maniac

macrumors 601
Original poster
haha i love how there are like 5 different answers... :p

Well, ironically, i just received a phone call while I was backing up!! and this was my experience. As soon as I got off the phone it started backing up automatically, but it seemed like it was going faster than last time (I had been backing up for about 45 minutes) but then not even 2 minutes later I got a second phone call. After I got of the phone that time syncing did NOT resume. I manually started the sync and now it appears to be going as slow as it was origianlly... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.