Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dops7107

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Perth, Oztrailya
I'm going to Paris next month with the aim of having a romantic weekend. I will be taking the Eurostar from London, and my lovely ladyfriend will be coming from Amsterdam, and we shall meet in each other's arms at the Gare du Nord. But once the initial excitement is under control, we'll be looking for somewhere to stay. Of course, I want to get this all sorted *before* we get there... but the choice of hotels is baffling. Does anyone have any recommendations? Ideally I'd like somewhere:

- good value for money <100 euro/night
- within 15 minutes by metro of the city centre and major attractions
- with a reasonable "Parisian" flavour, i.e. not a modern travel tavern

West Paris/Montmartre seem good areas to me, but I am completely open to suggestions. Please post your opinions!

Old Smuggler

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
boy if the prices over there are that steep it looks like i will be saving for a while myself also

what are you talkin like 200-300 night for no vermin?

dops7107

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Perth, Oztrailya
I have found quite a few at less than 100 euros a night, but obviously you get what you pay for... I mean I'm happy with 2 stars and out of the city centre. I don't think that's too much to ask, surely? But it would be best to go on recommendation, that's all I figured.

Here's one I found - only 67 euro/night

Palad1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2004
London, UK
This place and its location are not too shaby. It's not a too far from montmartre, which is nice, and not too far from the metro, it could be worse ;)

You can, walk to the place de clichy and head for the sacré coeur.

If you go near the louvres, walk to the 'jardin des tuilleries' for a romantic walk, then go to the 'rue de rivoli' and either treat her with the best chocolate in town at 'chez lina', rue de rivoli, or go romance all over... by buying her a drink at the ritz bar (not _so_ expensive as you may think) near the place vendome.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Go and look at tripadvisor.com for reviews of the hotels and where their favourites are in terms of place/value.

Some of their price comments you might want to ignore or their views of the city itself, but if you want to know whether x hotel is clean, y hotel is under constructions, z hotel is great aside from the loud club next door, it's brilliant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.