Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stecchino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I am attempting to set up TeamSpeak in Virtual PC 6 (running Windows 2000). TeamSpeak is an application used by gamers who want to communicate with each via VoIP instead of only the in-game text chat. There is not a Mac version of TeamSpeak yet, however I'm trying this in the mean time.

My problem: I don't think I am able to record anything in Windows. Has anyone recorded any audio in Virtual PC using the built-in mic on their computer or the mic in the iSight? Do I need to buy a separate standalone mic to plug in the line in port on my eMac? Thanks!

Stecchino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Darwin said:
You are aware that there are things like performance latency espically when running it through emulation

Yes, I am aware that it may not run perfectly smoothly. However, I'm just trying to see if I can get ANYTHING for now, then later on I can mess with the performances setting of TeamSpeak and Virtual PC.

Thus far, the audio files I have recorded are completely blank when I play them back so somehow I think Virtual PC can't see the Microphones that are connected to my Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.