Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imbored

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Are there any free programs to do this for macs? I know there's "aSound Recorder" for windows. Basically, I'm trying to record a wmv from internet radio and the wmv isn't in the source of the page.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
For rfree recording:

Link to SoundStudio 2.2.4via Version Tracker

Free cross platform audio editor For a free product, it really is good. Add the LAME plug-in for MP3 conversion. It is VST and NYQUEST plug-in compatable. There are at least a few hundred plug-ins that it can use-so have at.

If you need audio routing

Cycling 74 Software offers SoundFlower for free. It's a free audio routing program, and it's not as easy as Audio Hijack, but it's free. Use in conjunction with SoundFlower Bed- also free.

Jack Tools also offers free routing. There are complaints that it is glitchy, but I havn't had problems. I use SoundFlower (see above) though.

AudioHijack is a great router/recorder. It's easy and allows for easy routing and recording. For free you can get SoundSource which will add basic input and output selection to your menubar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.