Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forthebrave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
everytime I start my computer up, I always have a " recovered files " folder in my trash that I always have to throw away~ how do I stop this unwanted trash?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Yes, I've gotten a recovered file folder a couple of times since upgrading to Tiger. I almost get a warm, nostalgic feeling. Good old OS 9 (and earlier) behaved in this way, too, and put recovered files in trash when something had gone wrong in the previous session... ;)

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
Same thing with me. Although I didn't happen to have any apps that crashed on me. Dreamweaver has a temp file... but that always has. The newest one for me are from Mail.app, and a pref called "Drag.Drop.com." I think that's the name of it, I am at work right now on good 'ol OS 8.6, and will have to check later.

hodgjy

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
I've noticed the majority of my recovered files are temp files and files trying to reconstruct my clipboard from my last session before logging off.

GrumpyJabber

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2005
Dallas, GA
Recovered Files

Exactly what I have noticed. The recovered files seem to be associated with items on the clipboard when I shut down. I would have to say that the clipboard is not getting cleaned up correctly during the shutdown process.

andrewheard

macrumors regular
May 16, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Want to kill...

Dear Apple,

Please kill whoever decided that having the recovered files in the trash should be a feature in Tiger. If that is not possible, please beat them with an Apple branded white stick that looks better than other sticks.

Sincerely,

A Disgruntled Computer Nerd

-----------------

Its funny how such a little problem can drive one to madness. Apple was supposedly gonna fix this with 10.4.1....no such luck. For me it only happens with Dreamweaver. If I open Dreamweaver then I get a temp file and if I don't then I'm in the clear. Simple solution eh? Only problem is that well...I like Dreamweaver.

Does anyone know if Apple will remove this feature any time soon? Now to end my first post on macrumors.com and I'm sorry for the ranting. Everyone have a great day.

Andrew (aka Heardy)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.