Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fuzzy Orange

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
My bro's iPod needed to be updated, so I connect it and watch iTunes come up. It says it is Windows formatted and needs to be reformatted for Mac. But... I feel kinda stupid asking this, but....I don't know how. Anyways, how do I do it? Do I restore it to original factory settings and then will a message pop up asking to reformat? Thanks.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
It should still work as a Windows formatted iPod however you can reformat it for mac by clicking on the Reformat button in iTunes when the iPod is plugged into a Mac. Do this from a PC and you'll get a Windows formatted iPod. :)

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
It should still work as a Windows formatted iPod however you can reformat it for mac by clicking on the Reformat button in iTunes when the iPod is plugged into a Mac. Do this from a PC and you'll get a Windows formatted iPod. :)

Your myspace says you're still learning the internet? :D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I'm surprised that it's complaining but iTunes 7 should be able to help you to do that by restoring the system software onto it.

I did it a few years ago, but I don't exactly remember.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.