Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccieszyn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2005
<Edit> Ha ha, funny web app cutting me off in the middle of a post. </edit>

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm planning to purchase the refurbished dual 2ghz Power Mac currently listed on the Apple Store's "Special Deals" page, but can't determine if the model they're offering is a Revision A or B. The only difference, I believe, would be the inclusion of the 970fx in the B, which I'd like to make sure I get, if possible. If any of you know who I can contact at Apple to find out for sure, or if you see something in their listing that I'm not, please help.

Thanks!

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
ccieszyn said:
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm planning to purchase the refurbished dual 2ghz Power Mac currently listed on the Apple Store's

I don't understand. What help do you need?

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
ccieszyn said:
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm planning to purchase the refurbished dual 2ghz Power Mac currently listed on the Apple Store's

If you can find a Rev B 2.0 PowerMac, Apple certified for $1649 GRAB IT!

Model # is VPN-M9455LL/A

{Not sure why the model number ends with an A but this IS the Rev B!}

Otherwise you can still find them new in the box at many authorized resellers for around $1899.

If you are a strong negotiator, you might be able to talk the resellers down to around $1749.

Apple certified refurbs are generally well tested and trouble free.

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: Power Mac G5
Machine Model: PowerMac7,3
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (2.2)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 2 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 1 GB (I upgraded from stock 512MB)
Bus Speed: 1 GHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.1.8f7

ccieszyn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2005
Wait, I think I've got it!

It lists the original price as $2499. That would make it the middle of the ackp model upon release, which would make this dualie a Rev. B! Right?

Let me know if you agree and I'll place my order right now. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.