Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robo456

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2008
New Jersey
another post for "it's working fine."

I have 2008 version 12.2.0 running on 3 different machines: a mid-level hackintosh desktop, a hackintosh del 1525 laptop, and also a white macbook (poly).

Never had any issues with any of the installs; I normally use word, excel, and entourage.

I'd try loading the updates if you haven't already.

--rob

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
My activity monitor (from what I can tell because I am new to Mac) seems to be reasonable. I also have the most recent updates.

I'm somewhat relieved to find out this is a common issue because it means I have not gone crazy and/or didn't get a dud machine. It was also making me question whether the Core2duo was a good choice for me... but if the Office 2011 is suppose to be better, I will wait.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

It's not a common issue. On my late 2006 Macbook Pro, Office sometimes takes a few bounces to load, but it's never been slow in typing like that. I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

greythorne

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
how could he be wrong ?

mine runs great on all 5 of my macs....your doing something wrong.

I think i need to correct myself here, sluggish is the appropriate word to use slow is not quite.

Apparently in windows Office run fluidly but on Mac its sluggish. We shall see how Office for Mac 2011 will perform.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
I think i need to correct myself here, sluggish is the appropriate word to use slow is not quite.

Apparently in windows Office run fluidly but on Mac its sluggish. We shall see how Office for Mac 2011 will perform.

maybe just for a few, this thread is the absolute first i have every heard one complain its slow.

seems fine to me....even on my dual G5.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Office 2008 handles smaller documents fine but crawls when things get seriour/heavy. I wrote my thesis on it and it was NOT fun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.