Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
So how long will it be before someone walks into the camera/firing area and gets shot....

Asinine :confused:

D

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Great. Hidden camera and gun. Let's make hunting even less of a challenge. I am assuming that there is some way to actually track who is in control of the cameras, vs. relying only on a login.

BTW - is this a way for people who couldn't get a gun license to hunt anyway?

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
Why do Americans want to shoot everything? :confused:

If its not each other its anything with 4 legs, 2 legs or has wings and failing that its whatever country they have decided to invade this week.

Boggles the mind.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
If I wanted to shoot a gun, the virtual would not be my choice. Would prefer the real feel of the gun at a firing range. The only time that I ever fired a gun was while I was in the Air Force.

broken_keyboard

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
Secret Moon base
I don't know why anyone would want to use this service. I can understand someone wanting to go out and actuallty hunt an animal, there's the skill of finding it, sneaking up without it seeing you, taking aim, correctly firing etc. It's a challenge. And then you get to slaughter it and learn about anatomy etc.

But a web cam with a gun on? I don't get it. Such things are good for military applications because it's safer of course, but not hunting.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
That's just so wrong! What if the animal is only injured and ends up suffering? The dude who set this up is a moron.

BrianKonarsMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2004
rig it so you can watch the webcam stream live! then you can confirm your kill and celebrate with friends and family without having to brave the elements.

for the rugged outdoorsman without a sense of adventure :) (or a pair of testicles).

Poeben

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2004
MacRy said:
That's just so wrong! What if the animal is only injured and ends up suffering? The dude who set this up is a moron.

They did mention he was from Texas.

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Hopefully they will make remote controlled animals to go with it.

Don't like to shoot? Well, you can be shot at for no additional charge!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.