Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmychef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
I have been getting lots of messages lately informing me that xxxxxx song could not be copied to iPhone/Ipod because this machine is not authorised to play etc etc etc...

How do I authorise all my songs to all my hardware. It even happens to some songs on my MacBook that I pulled from my last iBook

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
In iTunes, use menu choice Store -> Authorize Computer... and enter your iTunes account information (Apple ID and password).

jimmychef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
Thanks, Did that when I moved the stuff over last year, its still happening, I think I need to remove all the DRM but not sure if there is any software that can do that.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Thanks, Did that when I moved the stuff over last year, its still happening, I think I need to remove all the DRM but not sure if there is any software that can do that.

The whole point of DRM is that you can't remove it. iTunes lets burn audio CDs from your files and re-import them (but not if can't play the music in the first place). If anyone were to come up with a way to remove DRM from your files, Apple would have to work hard to prevent it from happening.

So either Apple lost your authorisation (shouldn't happen, but just authorise the computer again), or you have music from a different iTunes account.

MasterNile

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2008
San Antonio, TX
As far as removing DRM it is possible, but in my experience which was just a trial it degrades audio quality, but there's DoubleTwist which requires that you be authorized to play the DRM file first anyway.

Something else that I'm curious about and have all the hardware to do but haven't tried cause I have no need for it is:
Video iPod + Apple Composite AV Cable + EyeTV recording from A/V input

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.