Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mojopin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
hi, just got the 3-bead HOCO and link removal tool and excited to fit it. But I'm completely oblivious on how to remove links. I have been pushing pins on a few links with not much luck using a lot of force. I can see the pins coming just a tad from the other side but I am trying not to push too hard. Can anyone help with the best way to do it?

Thanks!!!!

Jamesw41985

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Are you pushing them the right way, I think they are only designed to come out one way. In fact looking at the under side of the links there are arrows showing which way they pop out.

Reactions: Mojopin

JaeMelo

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2015
You should be pushing the end of the pin that is round with the tool. This means the end of the pin that is flat with a spilt down the middle should be coming out.

Reactions: Mojopin

applewatch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
NorCal
There are arrows on the underside of the bracelet that tell you which way the pins should be pushed out.

Mojopin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
thanks all I have somewhat bad eyesight and didn't see the arrows, I ended up damaging one of the pins, I got a few out but it's such a pita. I took it to a watch place they're charging me $10, a bit annoyed so I wrote the seller I got it from, hopefully will refund me that amount at least. Took a long while to get it from China.

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
You broke it and now you want the seller (who is in China) to refund you the repair costs? Seriously?

Mojopin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
Good. I have this band and I love it.
Maybe this time you should follow the instructions Mojopin.

Troll out.

I apologize for being short, you caught me on a bad day at work. But I too loved this band when I got it and in my haste didn't notice the arrows and have never removed links from a watch. I'm glad the seller was a stand-up guy to help me out, but I think a little piece of paper on how to remove the links would help for anyone that is new to the process. I actually have picked up an OEM link band for less than retail in the meantime but still love the HOCO as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.