removing Office trial

Discussion in 'macOS' started by notwist, Jan 12, 2007.

1. notwist macrumors regular

I am trying to remove the MS Office Trial. The problem is that I mistakenly installed the full version of Office before uninstalling the Trial. When I double-click on the Remove Office icon in the Office Trial folder, I am afraid I will uninstall the full version as well. Should I just remove both Trial and Full version and just reinstall the full version?

2. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

that would probably be the best idea, but try it if it does uninstall the trial well done, if it uninstalls the full version crap, and if it uninstalls both bad luck.
    and if its gonna take another 10 mins to install office again i think you can cope with it

3. hopejr macrumors 6502

Just drag the trial to the trash and remove any of the com.microsoft.....plist files in ~/Library/Preferences if you actually ran it.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Not to worry. The uninstaller gives you the choice of which installation to remove. The other will remain intact.

5. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Just drag the trial to the trash, there will be nothing left to uninstall except a teeny-tiny preferences file, one of hundreds (even thousands) in your Library folder. Running an uninstaller program is not necessary.