Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notwist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
New Brunswick, NJ
I am trying to remove the MS Office Trial. The problem is that I mistakenly installed the full version of Office before uninstalling the Trial. When I double-click on the Remove Office icon in the Office Trial folder, I am afraid I will uninstall the full version as well. Should I just remove both Trial and Full version and just reinstall the full version?

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
I am trying to remove the MS Office Trial. The problem is that I mistakenly installed the full version of Office before uninstalling the Trial. When I double-click on the Remove Office icon in the Office Trial folder, I am afraid I will uninstall the full version as well. Should I just remove both Trial and Full version and just reinstall the full version?

that would probably be the best idea, but try it if it does uninstall the trial well done, if it uninstalls the full version crap, and if it uninstalls both bad luck.
and if its gonna take another 10 mins to install office again i think you can cope with it

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
that would probably be the best idea, but try it if it does uninstall the trial well done, if it uninstalls the full version crap, and if it uninstalls both bad luck.
and if its gonna take another 10 mins to install office again i think you can cope with it
Not to worry. The uninstaller gives you the choice of which installation to remove. The other will remain intact.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Just drag the trial to the trash, there will be nothing left to uninstall except a teeny-tiny preferences file, one of hundreds (even thousands) in your Library folder. Running an uninstaller program is not necessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.