Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
My 128 GB iPhone 6 took a dip and is inoperable. Anyone know how much I would need to pay for a replacement per Apple's replacement policy?

I plan to use the replacement to get $650 from Verizon toward a 7, so I want to spend as little as possible.

akadafni

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2015
Unless you have AppleCare there is no replacement option. Well you might be able to do out of warranty which is like $329. With AppleCare you pay like $129

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
My 128 GB iPhone 6 took a dip and is inoperable. Anyone know how much I would need to pay for a replacement per Apple's replacement policy?

I plan to use the replacement to get $650 from Verizon toward a 7, so I want to spend as little as possible.

Apple don't have a replacement policy for accidental damage unless you have paid for AppleCare plus on your phone. If you have AppleCare plus just contact Apple they'll give you all the details in your area.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
My first 6s plus had problems after 2 months I got it, were I live there was little to do about it so I just kept using it till the point that the phone started to crash ( color stripes on screen the screen faded and loop logo startup) I noticed the phone did all that when it was hot so I started putting it inside my fridge to cool down and it kept working fine until one day I got it out of the fridge and it wouldn't turn on.

I family member traveled and I sent the phone, she went to a store in Florida and I was able to explain the situation to the employe, I told him everything, they wanted the iCloud account details associated with the phone and ship it for service/repair etc.

They emailed that it was replaced, new phone (white box) at no extra charge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.