Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
I'm sure most of you have noticed since its been up for two days now, but i was surprised no one had started a thread yet about the problems resexcellence is having.

just check out the site:

http://www.resexcellence.com

I must apologize for the pathetic look of ResExcellence today, but the most depressing turn of events has taken place. While I was away on vacation in Mexico with my family, it seems the staff staged a Coup d'Etat.

ResEx is IMHO the best mac site on the net so its rather upsetting to see something like this happen. i wonder if this is the death of one of the giant mac sites.

what do you guys think?
Hopefully tomorrow the server will be back in my hands. At that point I will be looking for new staff members to replace the two-faced, slime-sucking, should-be-Windows-using, ex-beer-drinking-buddies that use to help me run this site.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
Originally posted by dukestreet
It is April 1st, you know....

april fools?

kinda lame joke since we lose the site's content for a day. i mean the nice thing about resex is its updated daily.

guess we have to wait til tomorrow to find out then.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Jeez, it's so obviously an April Fools' joke... having the index page redirect to another IP? No data has been lost, if you followed those links off of the index_old.shtml...

You guys have definitely been had. :D

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
Originally posted by britboy
there's still a link there to get to the normal page:

http://www.ResExcellence.com/index_old.shtml

as mentioned above, this is probably just an april fools' joke. The reasoning seems a little too far-fetched to be credible.

well yeah probably is a joke, but like it totally sucks because we lose the content of the site. i mean the if its a joke then basically for the sake of a joke they havent updated their site like they do everyday.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
I think this line is the give away:
I have consulted my attorney, Johnny Cochran, and he informed the ISP, "You gave him the boot, now you must make him root!"

That and the cheesy mugshots...
:rolleyes:

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
he he he...

at least they have a good sense of humor!!

did anyone here get fooled by anyone today other than resexcellence? :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.