Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reelknead1

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Glad to hear you got issues taken care of stress free and to your liking.

I will say though I just noticed the packaging they put the refurb in to be shipped to you was kinda skimpy. There needed to be more foam in there for sure. The mail in repair boxes are far more secure and the computer is much more protected.

I agree, the mail in boxes are crazy protected as well as the new computers which are double boxed.

Apple needs to take a look at this.

Meldar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Yes I did.

As for the packaging, which I saw mentioned -

I was surprised too. The computer was literally suspended in the middle. Too much pressure on either side and *snap*. Or whatever the hell got shoved through the bottom.

In the same vein - I got a package a couple weeks ago containing a light fixture made of paper (essentially a big "Japanese Lantern") and a music stand made of metal. They were shipped to me from home, since I'm at college...the box was packed with those air-filled bags, and then the postal service had stamped "FRAGILE" on it no less than three times.

No indication on my refurb's box though. Not even "this side up" :eek:

At this point I think being mad about that mistake borders on dwelling on the past unnecessarily...

TopHatPlus

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
Southern Ontario
I had my new macbook pro shipped fedex, and no issues. I work for a family company and we get a lot of shipments from distributers and fedex is by far the most consistent for packages arriving on time and in tact.

Fedex 9/10

DHL - 8/10

Purolator - 7/10

UPS - 3/10 most of the time when things come in from ups the are almost not recognizable and i am referring to decent sized boxes like an RV furnace.

Meldar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Yes, I've never had problems with them either...Most likely a one-time thing. But it's equally likely that the box was damaged by and at the warehouse, which is not FedEx, only a small distribution center overseen at a distance by Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.