Restore backup.. from where?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Qonix, Jun 22, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Is it true that is better to restore the backup from iCloud than from iTunes?
    A guy at apple store said that in this way you restore everything, just not the system files (bugs/error if there are)

2. macrumors 68030

BasicGreatGuy

Backup to both places to be safe.

3. macrumors member

Backup to iCloud and backup to iTunes have exactly the same results. All your settings, app data, and apps are restored exactly as they were.

4. macrumors 68030

BasicGreatGuy

If you only backup to iCloud, and for whatever reason you can't access it when you need to, you are out of luck, if you don't have a backup somewhere else.

5. macrumors member

Good point.

6. macrumors 6502

I'm wondering the same thing. I know there's the notion that if you carry a corrupt backup, it may hurt the battery life. So if it is true that icloud does not restore the system files that may be corrupt, then it might be the better option.

7. thread starter macrumors member

yea thats why im asking

8. macrumors 68020

bbfc

I backup to both but tend to restore using iTunes as its much quicker.

9. macrumors 68000

Defender2010

The advantage of using an iTunes backup is that is faster than an iCloud restore as it does not need to download everything again. Personally I prefer iTunes. Then again, I have never had a bug in a backup using iTunes since the first iPhone, and I have carried backups all the way through every beta and official software release since. Plus, I would take what the 'guy at the apple store' says with a pinch of salt. Do what's easiest for you.