Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qonix

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Is it true that is better to restore the backup from iCloud than from iTunes?
A guy at apple store said that in this way you restore everything, just not the system files (bugs/error if there are)

Quercus Alba

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2013
Backup to iCloud and backup to iTunes have exactly the same results. All your settings, app data, and apps are restored exactly as they were.

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
A guy at apple store said that in this way you restore everything, just not the system files (bugs/error if there are)

I'm wondering the same thing. I know there's the notion that if you carry a corrupt backup, it may hurt the battery life. So if it is true that icloud does not restore the system files that may be corrupt, then it might be the better option.

Qonix

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
I'm wondering the same thing. I know there's the notion that if you carry a corrupt backup, it may hurt the battery life. So if it is true that icloud does not restore the system files that may be corrupt, then it might be the better option.

yea thats why im asking

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010

The advantage of using an iTunes backup is that is faster than an iCloud restore as it does not need to download everything again. Personally I prefer iTunes. Then again, I have never had a bug in a backup using iTunes since the first iPhone, and I have carried backups all the way through every beta and official software release since. Plus, I would take what the 'guy at the apple store' says with a pinch of salt. Do what's easiest for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.