Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

albehany

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
Hi guys as the title say I move to high Sierra and I did backup with time machine but I don't like and some of my stuff don't work so I go back to Sierra the problem when I try to get the backup from the time machine I get this problem this source contains a newer release of os x.
for me I don't need the system I just need the app and the plugin so please can anyone help please ;(

whg

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Switzerland
Hi guys as the title say I move to high Sierra and I did backup with time machine but I don't like and some of my stuff don't work so I go back to Sierra the problem when I try to get the backup from the time machine I get this problem this source contains a newer release of os x.
for me I don't need the system I just need the app and the plugin so please can anyone help please ;(
I had the same problem as you. I upgraded my Macbook Air 11" (2013) from El Capitan to High Sierra. Unlike you, I was able to restore from Time Machine to an earlier backup (still made with El Capitan), but only after I had reformatted the SSD to get rid of the APFS file system. To accomplish this I used a USB boot stick with Sierra Install on it. Before the restore from Time Machine was possible, I used the Disk Utility provided to reformat the Macintosh HD.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"I don't need the system I just need the app and the plugin so please can anyone help please ;("

What app and what plugin do you need?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.