Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obamtl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 24, 2010
I've attempted restoring from the cloud and run into problems each time. It keeps saying something like 'application cannot be installed' and freezes the entire restore. I ultimately have to connect to a computer to finish the restore. However, even if I finish the restore from a computer, the sync icon at the top of the page keeps rotating, indicating that it is still attempting to sync.

Has anyone successfully restored from an iCloud backup without these bugs?

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
It has worked on my iPad but not my iPhone. However, I found another bug on the iPad where I can't "unsync" all my music.

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
I've attempted restoring from the cloud and run into problems each time. It keeps saying something like 'application cannot be installed' and freezes the entire restore. I ultimately have to connect to a computer to finish the restore. However, even if I finish the restore from a computer, the sync icon at the top of the page keeps rotating, indicating that it is still attempting to sync.

Has anyone successfully restored from an iCloud backup without these bugs?

worked ok for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.