Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

revisionA

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2005
The apple store in Boca has the new HD powerbooks, and will be displaying them after tuesday this week.

I got a shuffle and tiger so I can start using widgets... and maybe get a little performance boost.

Why the shuffle? Cause its for the gym. And why pay for a screen that will only be a weakness. Why almost the nano? playlists and transfer time... but for 150 i got a gig of resilient mp3 player and an apple armband for the gym.

Seeing the new ipods in person was a treat, but they dont look as hot as on tv or in magazines, just a bigger screen or in the nano's case, a hybrid between the 5g and the shuffle.

Next revision for the Nano, and the powerbook, then I'm on it.

$

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
revisionA said:
Seeing the new ipods in person was a treat, but they dont look as hot as on tv or in magazines, just a bigger screen or in the nano's case, a hybrid between the 5g and the shuffle.

The 5G looks HUGE! I checked one out today and WOAH! it was amazing! It felt gigantic! Maybe I was just used to how small the nano is? (I don't actually have one, but I play with them @ the Apple store)

it feels real wide...
I LIKE IT!

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
Sounds like you had a fun trip to the Apple Store! Widgets are fun to play with, I was actually just tinkering with my Dashboard last night (at the library...when I was "writing a paper..."), and I ended up making my own (mostly useless) widget.

I like the shuffle for the gym as well, I have been so tempted to get one lately it's unbelievable. I figure it would be great to use around school, and it seems like it could be a pretty hand thumbdrive as well.

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
I find widgets annoying and so, I've disabled them. I always hit the f-12 key by mistake when going for the '=' key.

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
EricBrian said:
I find widgets annoying and so, I've turned disabled them. I always hit the f-12 key by mistake when going for the '=' key.

I guess they haven't taken you under their spell. Who needs to go outside when you can bring up the weather widget with a push of a button?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.