Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surfer99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
VA
Well I have had nothing but trouble with a 160gb hard drive I ordered from other world computing about 3 weeks ago. I have tried everything (including getting great help here on macrumors). I keep hearing the hard drive clicking, which I assume is the "click of death", and then the computer will freeze. When I swap it out with my other (60gb) hard drive my computer works fine. I am pretty much over trying to fix it. My question is, has anyone ever returned anything to other world computing? Or exchanged anything? Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
OWC is usually really good on customer service issues. They have a good name and wish to protect it. I'd just give them a call. I don't think it will be any problem. Keep it posted on what they say.:)

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I ordered a DVD burner from OWC that was DOA and they were excellent about returning it. They overnighted me a new one and paid for return shipping. They didn't even wait for the old drive to get back, they sent a new one immediately (although they did put an authorization on my credit card for the full amount, but most companies make you wait for the old drive to arrive). You shouldn't have any problem at all.

surfer99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
VA
Well at least that gives me some hope. I plan on calling them on tuesday since everything is closed for holiday. I will let you know how it goes. Once again thanks for the quick responses

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.