Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mini Jay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Just a couple of general questions. From what i've gathered reading the huge posts on the new MBP C2D, that if you have a STOCK config then you can return your MBP w/in 10 days if not opened. So i can see the arguement for getting a 17" MBP, since it has the PMR drive, extra battery life, yada yada.

I'm still torn between the 15"/160GB/3GB config vs. a stock 17". This will be my first personal Apple purchase.

So if I purchased a stock 17", happen to have problem with it a month later or even down the road, then what happens when I take it to the local Apple store? Do they exchange it? Send it to Applecare?

Same question applies to a 15" CTO. I figured they can't exchange it since the store won't have the exact config, so I assume they send it off to Applecare, correct?

We have a FCP suite at the office that was built by Promax, and i know that corporate buying is a whole different ballgame then personal purchases.

Thanks,

Jay

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
They dislike exchanging CTO machines, yes. If they do have to take them back, they become cool "free upgrade" refurbs, like my 2GB ram Mini.

Mini Jay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
So they do exchange them? What happened to your mini? What about the custom parts? I would assume they would just order another one for you.

Thanks again

Jay

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.