Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgc

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
Canada
Have you actually got a problem with the screen or are you just preconceiving that it's bad?

I feel it's the latter. I dropped $1300 or whatever on this laptop as well and received a Toshiba SSD and LG screen. They're both great. There's always things to complain about and there's always something better out there but when it comes down to it, the products work extremely well and there's no real discernible difference that should warrant returning the product.

Puevlo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
Just take a hammer to the display. If you're lucky they'll replace it with the display you want.

jksu

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2009
Haha ;) premed actually

glad the calibration improved things for you.

if you're pre-med, i'd get back to studying and not spend so much time on these forums and getting riled up about samsung vs lg ;-)

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
I have the LG screen and I'm very happy.

The default calibration wasn't that good, but after some tweaking it's pretty decent.
THe Samsung vs LG is a hype, and even tho the samsung looks better out of the box, several reviewers like anandtech claims the LG screen is superior in some cases.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4554/apples-11inch-macbook-air-core-i7-18ghz-review-update

As for last year, the Samsung SSD was quite a bit better, but I don't think that is the case on the 2012, anyways, the toshiba is still plenty fast.

dbrewster

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2012
If I were you, I would just enjoy my new gear. I was like you before, but after some time, it gets tiring to be OC every minute of everyday. You have to learn how to control it. Imagine, after spending thousands of $ on a new MBA you still feel discontent?

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
The Toshiba SSD in the 2012 MBA is very fast. This whole thread is a face palm and makes me want to cry about the future of the human race.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.