Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
macam said:
Dude, Try the Nokia 3120. Trust me when I say they are simple small phones. Phone and contacts... simple as that... the coolest features are colour screen and funky (ie Crappy) Ringtones.

have a look at http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,69484,00.html unfortunately I don't know if they sell them in the states...

Is this the kinda thing you mean!?
Almost. The one fancy feature that I would like to have is bluetooth. If Nokia does something like that, I think I've found my next phone.

destroyboredom

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2002
Washington, DC.
I'm not a fan of flip phones either. I recently bought a SE S710A and am pretty happy with it. (I don't consider it a flip phone)

As for service. Cingular is a rip off as far as plans in my opinion. I was a happy At&t customer.

In a bit of irony though, there billing dept. called me today on my way from work, and about 30 sec. into the call, the call got dropped.

ScubaDuc

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2003
Europe
nbs2 said:
Almost. The one fancy feature that I would like to have is bluetooth. If Nokia does something like that, I think I've found my next phone.

The funny thing is that I actually phoned Nokia's investor relation and asked them for an i-Tune compatible phone...:rolleyes:

I think Nokia's are way better than SonyEricsson's phones. I've dropped my old Nokia from my Duc at over 40 mph and it was still working after I've picked it up! :)

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
shamino said:
So.... In order for Motorola to fix the ROKR to your satisfaction, someone else must manufacture it? Nothing else they do can ever make it OK for you?

And people think Apple zealots are weird....

i've never liked motorola phones. the interface i've always found useless, and the styling poor. i've been through phases with all the manufacturers, and can get along with most phones, except theirs. motorola's products really don't work well with me. i don't know why, but that's the fact.

i currently have a P900 and K750i, both from SonyEricsson. now i know they both have their little problems but given an unbiased look, i cannot fault them at all. every moto product i've ever picked up i've found feature, be it design or operating system related, i really could do without. and the latest occurrence of this was actually with SE - the P990 development model. it's minging. i hated it. i'll stick with my existing phones until they get one right. simple as that.

i'm not sure i'm making sense...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.