Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farabeck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
Hi,

Just got a new MBA and I am trying to find out a way to change the stock four finger swipe from what it is now. Currently, if i swipe from right to left, the screen slides off to the right side of the screen. I want it to go to the left side of the screen when I do the four finger swipe from right to left.

I read about changing other items but could not figure out a way to change this particular setting.

If anyone has a way, please let me know. It's driving me nuts because it is exactly opposite of how my ipad swipes so my muscle memory is going crazy trying to re-learn stuff.

Thanks for the help.

snowman1

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
You can reverse the direction by going to
System Preferences > Trackpad > under Scroll & Zoom, check the "Scroll direction: natural" box.

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
You can reverse the direction by going to
System Preferences > Trackpad > under Scroll & Zoom, check the "Scroll direction: natural" box.

That only changes two-finger scrolling, OP is asking for a change in the way multi-finger gestures work.

I actually have the same problem, but I'm under the impression you can't modify the gestures like that. I think we're out of luck. :(

snowman1

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
That only changes two-finger scrolling, OP is asking for a change in the way multi-finger gestures work.

I actually have the same problem, but I'm under the impression you can't modify the gestures like that. I think we're out of luck. :(

Really? When I uncheck/check that box, it changes the direction that I need to swipe in order to move from space to space. I'm pretty sure that box is global for scrolling and space-switching.

farabeck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
kind of worked

That did what I wanted to do actually...I felt like I was going crazy going the opposite way than the iPad. Thanks a lot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.