Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
I like to use the reverse scrolling sometimes, but I also like to use a USB mouse a lot as well. Is there a way I can have reverse scrolling on my trackpad, but when I use my USB mouse, have normal scrolling? Thanks in advance.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Not that I know of. I tried doing the same thing so that I'd scroll 'natural' with my trackpad and scroll 'reverse' with my magic mouse, but when I unchecked it for one it automatically unchecked the other. I got used to it on my Magic Mouse though.

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Not that I know of. I tried doing the same thing so that I'd scroll 'natural' with my trackpad and scroll 'reverse' with my magic mouse, but when I unchecked it for one it automatically unchecked the other. I got used to it on my Magic Mouse though.

It did that for me to (I don't have a magic mouse though, I use a different wireless mouse). I thought for sure clicking natural with trackpad, and scroll 'reverse' for mouse would work, but nope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.