Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monty77

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
UK, South Coast
..if they get tugged out of your ear by the bulky remote then they're utterly pointless. Went for Bose soundsports myself. They stick out of the ear a little but they don't go anywhere and sound pretty good IMO.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
if comfort is anything to you the freedoms are much much better than the x'2. most of my friends that tried the x2's hated how large the barrel was. its much better on the freedoms

yeah so that's exactly what made me consider them in the first place, but I love the battery life of the X2's. I usually go all week without charging them using them about an hour and a half each day on my commute (round trip). Not a big fan of the little charging clip to get extra life. But I think if the price drops enough around the holidays I may pull the trigger. Or perhaps when I go to Canada in December where the dollar goes further I may get them then.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
yeah so that's exactly what made me consider them in the first place, but I love the battery life of the X2's. I usually go all week without charging them using them about an hour and a half each day on my commute (round trip). Not a big fan of the little charging clip to get extra life. But I think if the price drops enough around the holidays I may pull the trigger. Or perhaps when I go to Canada in December where the dollar goes further I may get them then.
I would have to charge my x2's after two workouts so its not too much worse. I see a benefit in always keeping them in my bag and just charging the clip now. Every day to every 2 days difference. A Trade off for comfort/size/sound/look and customizability.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I would have to charge my x2's after two workouts so its not too much worse. I see a benefit in always keeping them in my bag and just charging the clip now. Every day to every 2 days difference. A Trade off for comfort/size/sound/look and customizability.

good point I can charge them while sitting at my desk at work. aaah who am i kidding I'll probably get them with the first price drop I see :D

Reactions: x-evil-x

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
Great review. I recently bought these a month ago to replace my powerbeats 2 (on the 3rd pair of powerbeats for warranty). I use them daily at the gym. The sound is far better than any other Bluetooth headset I have tried. My workouts only last up to 2hrs so I never have a problem with the smaller battery. Love this headset.

joshavtech

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2014
VA
Can you strap the charging case to your head if you need to? thats what i thought :D
[doublepost=1469668476][/doublepost]Ive had the bluebudx for well over a year and the x2's for about the same time. I love these new freedoms. The only way to wear these is over the ear IMO. Also, if you order the comply tips(from the actual site) they will stay in your ears without the fins. The ones that come in the box are softer comply and not that sticky material they sell on their site that don't budge once you have them in your ears.
No need to let the cable dangle and attach it to your shirt if you get these tips and go over the ear with the cord tight across the back of your hair (no pulling either this way).
Charging clip is meant for on the way home from the gym or to the gym. Its a last resort to use it while on your head but you have that option (also, with those comply tips from the site even with the clip attached they still don't budge from over ear no fin). What i normally do is charge these fully and go to the gym. On the way home i pop on the clip and by the time I'm home its fully charge. I pull off the charging clip and charge it and toss it back in my bag. I leave the earbuds in my bag now.
Sound quality i would put these a step up over the X2's(once you adjust the eq on the app) and much muchhhhhh more comfortable. The x2's opening is a bit large and uncomfortable to squeeze in. These fit nicely and feel like you aren't wearing anything at all.
little mini review from a jaybird 3+ year experience with them.

No, you can't. But I wouldn't want too lol .

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Is it okay to charge these with a 5W plug (I think Jaybird's site says anything over 5.5W isn't recommended but I was just wondering what others did) and can you leave them to charge overnight?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.