Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 1, 2018
Damn Apple to hell !!!! They now shut us out of 10.6.3 Itunes. I hate tim cook so much I wish him BAD KARMA... Steve Jobs would never have allowed this to happen to us older Apple users.. SAD VERY SAD WE CAN'T USE ITUNES 10.6.3 - There has to be a way to get it working again.. does anyone know ?

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
Maybe it's time to get a new Mac after, like what, 20 years? My iMac is over 12 years old and I have no problems with the iTunes store. How old even is your Mac?

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 1, 2018
I am using my PowerPC Mac for somethings. I have a Mac Pro, but like many in PowerPC forums we still make use of our older machines.

Reactions: MBAir2010

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
You’re still using Snow Leopard? Thats 12 years old—what device are you using? In computer terms 12 years is practically ancient.
There are a lot of humans besides myself that still use Snow Leopard.
And PPC apple products.
and we are upset that software designers in Cupertino
purposely design software to impede our  products prior to 2012.
case in point, i cant get an Tv 3 to sync with an iPod from that era as i did in the recent past.

personally i'm not progressing after Mojave and will take my chances rather than suck up to  walled-ways.

seems to me the MacBook pro 2012 unibody is a better laptop than the 2012 rMacBook Pro.

I wa going to boot up the spare MacBook air and run Snow leopard today,
hopefully that iTunes still works.

Viva Los Mojavians!
and Snow Leopardites as well!

Warped9

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2018
Brockville, Ontario.
I had an eMac with Snow Leopard that still ran well when I upgraded in 2011, but the eMac just wasn’t up for what I wanted to do with 3D modelling. I could see still using something old but reliable for basic things, but beyond that I can’t see it.

Reminds me of a customer a couple of years ago who wanted to connect his iPad to his 1974 home stereo system. I wonder if he ever figured out how to do it.

triptolemus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2011
Reminds me of a customer a couple of years ago who wanted to connect his iPad to his 1974 home stereo system. I wonder if he ever figured out how to do it.
Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 6.03.47 AM.png

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
There are a lot of humans besides myself that still use Snow Leopard.
And PPC apple products.
and we are upset that software designers in Cupertino
purposely design software to impede our  products prior to 2012.
case in point, i cant get an Tv 3 to sync with an iPod from that era as i did in the recent past.

personally i'm not progressing after Mojave and will take my chances rather than suck up to  walled-ways.

seems to me the MacBook pro 2012 unibody is a better laptop than the 2012 rMacBook Pro.

I wa going to boot up the spare MacBook air and run Snow leopard today,
hopefully that iTunes still works.

Viva Los Mojavians!
and Snow Leopardites as well!
I see why you're upset. Because you were promised the latest and greatest software updates for all eternity and now Apple has broken their promises. 😢

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I see why you're upset. Because you were promised the latest and greatest software updates for all eternity and now Apple has broken their promises. ?
we never expected or was promised that,
we just don like the patches or what ever  does to falter these drives and software.
everything  worked last several years, not they don't?

Warped9

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2018
Brockville, Ontario.
I don’t mean to sound insensitive, you got at least twelve years out of this. Maybe it’s finally time to move on. Nothing lasts forever especially with computers.

firelighter487

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2014
The Netherlands
Damn Apple to hell !!!! They now shut us out of 10.6.3 Itunes. I hate tim cook so much I wish him BAD KARMA... Steve Jobs would never have allowed this to happen to us older Apple users.. SAD VERY SAD WE CAN'T USE ITUNES 10.6.3 - There has to be a way to get it working again.. does anyone know ?
what exactly is the issue? if you want to play music files just install vlc on your Mac, the powerpc version of it still works well.

besides you can't expect Apple to support machines that were last made in 2005, 16 years ago.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
i still use itunes for my 2006 ipod, 2007 shuffle, 2010 ipod itouch and
whew
everything!
the program is great for album sorting, album art and works great with that iPad remote.

why wouldn't anyone who is not tone-deaf
or wants them s to tell them what to listen ta'
use iTunes?

what i detest about  being soulless is iCloud mail not working on my Mountain Lion MacBook air
hey, that is MY email.......

Last edited:

Warped9

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2018
Brockville, Ontario.
I like iTunes although I have seen a lot of dissenters dumping on it. Mind you a site like MacRumors is where you would see a concentration of negative feedback…on just about anything. ?

Reactions: MBAir2010

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
The moment you start to hang on the cloud-drip, you'll have to drink the cool aid of following the juggernaut of never-ending-upgrades that smashes old hard&software that's crossing it's path of destruction planned obsolescense progress.
The list of hard- and software that became doomed by now is just endless ...

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Nermal

Nothistime

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2021
Good news, iTunes works again.
EDIT: sorry, I though you post that comment on Jan 9 2023, not 2022 like you actually did! It stopped working again anyway…

Before:
Prove it or it doesn’t work. Pretty much like it actually doesn’t work for me.

Last edited:

smnbldwn

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2016
10.6.3 is still not connecting to the store, my PowerBook was out of action for a while when did this happen? I spent good money on "buying" albums on iTunes using my powerpc devices but now I can no longer access them on those same devices. I do agree with the earlier comments that this would probably also have happened under Steve Jobs, he wasn't famously sympathetic to users of older Apple devices!

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
10.6.3 is still not connecting to the store, my PowerBook was out of action for a while when did this happen? I spent good money on "buying" albums on iTunes using my powerpc devices but now I can no longer access them on those same devices. I do agree with the earlier comments that this would probably also have happened under Steve Jobs, he wasn't famously sympathetic to users of older Apple devices!
We can't blame  anymore for not supporting iTunes 1.BC
because
no company in their right mind would budget time and hours to an obsolete product.
the best I can do I offer an older version somehow, but iTunes sis included in Snow Leopard OSX package.

smnbldwn

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2016
Honestly, let old software die. Time to upgrade your hardware.
Honestly, I think you may be on the wrong thread. I know that my 2005 PowerBook G4 is not exactly cutting edge. I do have other computers for the boring day to day stuff. But it was nice to be able to connect to the iTunes store on a 16 year old laptop, most features still work except the log in. I still use my PowerBook because I like it as a piece of design and it gives me pleasure to use it.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Honestly, I think you may be on the wrong thread. I know that my 2005 PowerBook G4 is not exactly cutting edge. I do have other computers for the boring day to day stuff. But it was nice to be able to connect to the iTunes store on a 16 year old laptop, most features still work except the log in. I still use my PowerBook because I like it as a piece of design and it gives me pleasure to use it.
I have no issue with using old hardware. Just don't expect software to be updated or even supported anymore. Why should Apple or Microsoft for that matter still support 20 year old hardware.

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
We can't blame  anymore for not supporting iTunes 1.BC
because
no company in their right mind would budget time and hours to an obsolete product.
the best I can do I offer an older version somehow, but iTunes sis included in Snow Leopard OSX package.
You should be able to access the music you bought, it's that simple. It's not streaming, that would be another story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.