Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jts76tp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Ok I just want to know what I can do if I want to rip the entire movie, but when I go to burn it, the movie has to be compressed and I lose parts of it. What program can help me or what can I do?

thanks

bloogersnigen

macrumors regular
May 15, 2005
Wherever the water flows
First use MacTheRipper to rip the copy protection off you DVD (only if it's commercial). If your DVD (I assume thats what your ripping it from) is a dual layer DVD (most current DVD's are) then you can use a program like Roxio Toast to compress (not clip it off) your VIDEO_TS folder and burn it. if it's just a single-layer DVD, Toast will just burn it without compression. Alos, Handbrake can convert you VIDEO_TS folder to a quicktime readable file for computer storage.

Ben

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
if you rip a long movie audio and video will get out of sync.

Really? Because I've ripped a bunch of long movies and haven't suffered any audio sync problems.

Maybe I'm not doing it properly?

CANEHDN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Eagle Mountain, UT
Neither have I. I've been backing up all my DVDs and haven't noticed anything wrong. MacTheRipper is definitely the way to go. I just rip the main feature and burn that. I don't care about all the extra crap. Doing this will allow for less compression when burning to a dvd.

Davowade

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2006
Melbourne
Mac The Ripper and DVD2oneX are a great combination. I am pretty sure you can use DVD2oneX for the whole job but I am pretty loyal to MTR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.