Ripping Full Length Movies

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jts76tp, Feb 6, 2007.

1. jts76tp macrumors newbie

Ok I just want to know what I can do if I want to rip the entire movie, but when I go to burn it, the movie has to be compressed and I lose parts of it. What program can help me or what can I do?

thanks

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

What do you mean you "loose" parts of it? Please be slightly more specific.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

if you rip a long movie audio and video will get out of sync.

4. bloogersnigen macrumors regular

bloogersnigen

First use MacTheRipper to rip the copy protection off you DVD (only if it's commercial). If your DVD (I assume thats what your ripping it from) is a dual layer DVD (most current DVD's are) then you can use a program like Roxio Toast to compress (not clip it off) your VIDEO_TS folder and burn it. if it's just a single-layer DVD, Toast will just burn it without compression. Alos, Handbrake can convert you VIDEO_TS folder to a quicktime readable file for computer storage.

Ben

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Really? Because I've ripped a bunch of long movies and haven't suffered any audio sync problems.

Maybe I'm not doing it properly?

6. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Neither have I. I've been backing up all my DVDs and haven't noticed anything wrong. MacTheRipper is definitely the way to go. I just rip the main feature and burn that. I don't care about all the extra crap. Doing this will allow for less compression when burning to a dvd.

7. Davowade macrumors regular

Mac The Ripper and DVD2oneX are a great combination. I am pretty sure you can use DVD2oneX for the whole job but I am pretty loyal to MTR.