Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewusman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
I've posted this in the Yosemite forum but am wondering if it is new rMB specific - if someone else could test or has noticed that, please comment.

I've been having audio drop-outs on streaming any system audio to airplay devices (airplay speaker, ATV2 on amp) and a bose bluetooth speaker since day one on my rMB (both first one and replacement).

Spent the last 2 days trouble shooting and noticed, after much trial and error that the trouble started when invoking ... spotlight.

Disabled many spotlight settings and indexing locations to no avail.

Then in the console I noticed the drop-outs started immediately when launching spotlight, which loads the following: "
2015/06/27 12:12:50,153 PM locationd[78]: Location icon should now be in state 'Active'

Disabling location services for spotlight solved the problem.

No more airplay or bluetooth audio drop-outs !

Weirdest bug ever ?

Possibly.

I have a new rMB 12" btw 10.10.3

Edit to add: any service that invokes the above location service state change to active causes audio drop-outs over airplay or bluetooth, such as swiping the notification bar out and the weather checking your location.

Reactions: Dayv

Dayv

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2009
I'm going to try this, thanks!

If this fixes it, I'll try re-enabling location services after upgrading to El Capitan.

Dayv

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2009
I'm going to try this, thanks!

If this fixes it, I'll try re-enabling location services after upgrading to El Capitan.
Annnnnd... still having dropouts after turning off location services. Hopefully 10.10.4 will improve things.

thewusman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2013
Annnnnd... still having dropouts after turning off location services. Hopefully 10.10.4 will improve things.

Mine is back to after a reboot, guess I'll change this to unresolved. Damn !

Reactions: Dayv
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.