Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLove1986

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2015
I would like to buy a retina MacBook and I'm trying to decide on the color I'm pretty sure the silvers out because I don't want the normal MacBook color. I don't know if the gold edition looks tacky or classy but I love it. I just don't want to be stared at lol

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
The gold one will certainly attract attention. Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on the individual. The other colors are unlikely to even garner a second look from most people.

macfrik

Contributor
Mar 21, 2009
Utah
"I don't know if the gold edition looks tacky or classy but I love it."

Love is a strong word my friend. If you love the gold edition, go get it. Don't buy a gold MacBook because you're afraid to be stared at.

pjfan

macrumors regular
May 24, 2009
Columbus OH
I would like to buy a retina MacBook and I'm trying to decide on the color I'm pretty sure the silvers out because I don't want the normal MacBook color. I don't know if the gold edition looks tacky or classy but I love it. I just don't want to be stared at lol
Maybe someone who bought gold can share if they still dig it after a few months.

If you "love it," get it. Space grey is sweet, but gold certainly breaks up the monotony of laptops.

jmikhail490

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2015
Northern NJ
I had the space grey for 13 days and even I couldn't stop giving it second looks lol. Wasn't enough power for me because i started using Xcode just recently and wanted to be future proof but I honestly wish I could've kept it as it was easily the most beautiful, portable, sexiest machine Ive ever used and I almost couldn't exchange it because of how amazing it was.

That said, I would go with your original gut feeling. Its usually what you'll be more satisfied with. (At least in recent history thats what I've experienced)

Goodluck!! You'll absolutely love either one anyways!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.