Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
I love Robocop - The original. Verhoeven is an ace ultra violence director; Total Recall, Starship Troopers...let's forget Showgirls. Anyway, I decided to watch Robocop Dark Justice, the mini series made in 2000. It's crap. I mean, it's so bad you can't actually tell what mood the various actors are trying to achieve. It makes a film like Octane or Commando look like the dogs bollocks. Watch it for laughs and then cry. Weird thing is, I'm still watching....why?!

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Robocop is a classic and Peter Weller is one of my fave character actors. The sequel was ok and the 3rd without Weller as Robocop was pretty bad. I used to love playing the Robocop video game while I was in college.

Anywho, you must be having a pretty slow day to be starting a thread like this. I must be having an equally slow day to be responding.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
aricher said:
Anywho, you must be having a pretty slow day to be starting a thread like this. I must be having an equally slow day to be responding.

Yup! I'm sitting here watching the 90 minute episodes and I don't know why. Best line of the second episode is when one of the Cyborg killers trying to kill Robocop says: "You ass head". Genius!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.