Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevieled

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
proof the ROKR isn't worth a buy...

my friend got the phone the day after it was released...the first time he tried to load it with songs, it became fried.

of corse, it was under warranty, so he got a new one the next day

just yesterday he told me that it was fried again and he was going to get a third one

why would apple let motorola sell a phone with iTunes on it that is so crappy? :(

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
stevieled said:
why would apple let motorola sell a phone with iTunes on it that is so crappy? :(

$.

Your friend seems a bit silly to get another one after two have died on him. Why not just get a Razr & a shuffle & save some cash?

geese

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
its not uncommon for the first batch of new mobile phones to be faulty. Always wait a bit, or get a mobile thats been around for a while

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
JDOG_ said:
$.

Your friend seems a bit silly to get another one after two have died on him. Why not just get a Razr & a shuffle & save some cash?

I dont' think you will have more luck with a Motorola Razr two coworkers of mine got them and cingular had to replace both of them. on one the os crapped out and the other one did not seem to accept any SIM card.
I'm not going any deeper into this Motorola issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.