Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sionharris

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
If I rotate an image using Preview and then save it, it will appear rotated in the Finder and in Preview, but in any other application it will not appear rotated. It seems that the change is purely cosmetic, so does anybody know how to rotate it for use with other applications?

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
If I rotate an image using Preview and then save it, it will appear rotated in the Finder and in Preview, but in any other application it will not appear rotated. It seems that the change is purely cosmetic, so does anybody know how to rotate it for use with other applications?

Do you have any image manipulation software like Photoshop etc. If not download a free program like "GIMP", it will do the job.

FJ :)

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
if you don't have photoshop, you should just be able to import it into iphoto, rotate, save and export.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
yeah photoshop should remedy this....

Sorry should have said ..... In Photoshop use the "Image" drop down menu then click on "Rotate canvas" and choose the way you want to rotate. e.g. 180 degrees or 90 degrees clockwise or 90 degrees counter clockwise.

Once you have done this remember to save the image giving it a new name and choose the file type. e.g. JPEG etc.

FJ :)

sionharris

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Same problem with iPhoto and I don't have Photoshop, I'll give it another go later if I can be bothered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.