Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Microsoft is rumored to be working on a product that combines their server, desktop, and mobile platforms into one.
mscement.jpg

:D

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
cb911 said:
ha ha, you're right, it does. :D

and no matter which version of Windows they' use, it's not going to be very good... lets consider their options:

- Windows Many Errors
- Windows Neanderthal Technologies
or the Windows XPerience, whatever that is. :p

LOL. :D did i miss any?

edit>> had to fix the bbcode tags. it's too much tag-ness!!

correction "Windows My Excrement"

damn it, now i have no faith in the military now :(

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Counterfit said:
Microsoft is rumored to be working on a product that combines their server, desktop, and mobile platforms into one.
mscement.jpg

:D

That is awesome Counterfit, quite an innovative idea. Thank you for a smile. ;)

thatwendigo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Sum, Ergo Sum.
solvs said:
Either you are very good, or are very lucky.

...or full of it.

A Windows implementation with an uptime of two years is missing critical security updates, patches, component shifts, and basically open to a broad host of rooting attempts. Unless the database servers are completely inaccessible from the outside world, they're only up because someone hasn't found them or they have some ridiculously expensive hardware security (which means that Windows itself isn't responsible for the stability).

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
That's odd, I could have sworn I replied to someone else thanking me for that image...

And I didn't make the image, that joke was around back when the Sega Dreamcast was still new! (it's a console that runs Windows CE)

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
Channel 4 news ran this item on saturday, and according to Microsoft, Windows is "....as secure, if not more secure than UNIX"

Mr_Ed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2004
North and east of Mickeyland
MacSA said:
Channel 4 news ran this item on saturday, and according to Microsoft, Windows is "....as secure, if not more secure than UNIX"

It is. If the computer is crashed half the time, it's really tough for anyone to break into it and see your sensitive data. :D

On the subject of Windows version names: I've always referred to Winblows XP as "Xtra Painful"

:)

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
Windows Xtra Problems? oops i missed the fact that has already been said. ok then Xtra Pants?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.